I’ll show you how to hide birthday in Facebook on desktop. It’s not too tricky, but Facebook likes to hide things under sub-navigation, nonetheless, it’s sometimes hard to find and change your birthday.
How to hide birthday in Facebook
- Go to your profile
- Click on “Update Info”, which is one of the buttons over your cover photo
- In the left column select “Contact and Basic Info”
- Scroll down to “Basic Information”
- You can select from the dropdown to show your birthday only to your self (only me) or you choose to show it to your friends.
- Once done click “Save Changes”
Looking for instructions how to hide birthday on Facebook mobile (Android)?
Luckily Facebook allows you to choose to whom you display your birthday information. The options vary from publicly available to completely private. Interestingly, most people set the date to be visible to their friends, but hide the year. This way, your friends will be able to congratulate when you have your birthday, however they won’t know how old you turned. Which, for many, is a secret that they take to their grave. 😉