Hello internet people!
In this article, I’ll compare 14 best logo maker tools, so that you know which one is the best logo design website for you.
I’ll start with the app that did the worst and I’ll reveal the best at the end. I’ve included both free and paid tools in this review. So you can judge for yourself if you want to pay for extra features or get it for free.
Sit back and watch a video review below or keep reading further for a full-text article.
The best logo maker article at a glance:
- Best Logo Design Website Comparison Criteria
- The Best Overall Logo Design Website
- The Best Free Logo Maker Tool
- 14. Design Hill
- 13. Shopify Logo Maker
- 12. Mybrandnewlogo
- 11. Ucraft
- 10. BrandCrowd
- 9. Hipster Logo Maker
- 8. LogoMaker
- 7. Wix Logo Maker
- 6. LogoMakr
- 5. Squarespace Logo Maker
- 4. DesignEvo
- 3. logoMaster.ai
- 2. Fiverr
- 1. Canva.com
The Best Logo Maker Website Comparison Criteria
I’ve used three rating criteria (the higher the rate, the better) :
- Usability; How easy it is to use and the included features
- Included image & icon library; The quality & quantity of the icon library.
- Price; 1 is more than $50 and five being free.
Please note! The usability and library are on a 10-point scale and prices are on a five-point scale just so that the price doesn’t have such a big impact on the overall score.
Keep in mind that the scores are just to give you an indication. I mean, some of the criteria is a bit subjective, so take it with a grain of salt.
Logo Design Website Comparison in Summary
The below table compares all the logo makers based on the 3 criteria.
|Logo design tool||Usability||Library||Price||Overall|
|7. Wix Logo Maker||6||7||3||16|
|9. Hipster Logo Generator||5||3||5||13|
The Best Overall Logo Maker and Desing Website
I think the best overall tool is Canva just because you can use it for all your design needs. Not only for making a logo, but also for your website images, infographics, and social media.
There’s a bunch of other templates that will be really useful. But if you don’t want the hassle of creating a logo yourself, then use Fiverr, and someone will create it for you.
The Best Free Logo Maker Tool
If you’re looking for a free platform, then go with Squarespace (or Canva). I wrote Canva in brackets because you need to use another online tool to get the transparent background, because in Canva, by default, it’s not free.
14. Design Hill
All right. First, we have Design Hill. When you land on the page you can see that they claim they’re the world’s number one logo maker, but pretty much all of them make the same claim, which I find really funny.
Now, here you just enter your website name and then it’ll start giving you suggestions. You pick a few logos that you like, then you pick the color scheme and you add a few other parameters, and then it will generate you some suggestions.
It gets really confusing once you start editing things. It’s a bit clunky to use. I didn’t find the logo suggestion any good and the icon selection is too small too.
What bothers me the most is the price, the quality and the prices don’t match. Basically, you can’t do anything with the $15 logo. You have to get the $50 package and that’s just too much for what you get from this.
And I score it 7/25
Design Hill review in a nutshell:
- Clunky to use – it’s different from the rest of the logo makers and not in a good way.
- I liked the questions and that it tries to filter options, but I wasn’t impressed by the end results.
- Costs essentially $50
The next one is Shopify Logo Maker, and it’s a well-known eCommerce platform. They also have a logo designer (I guess to get more clients in the sales pipeline).
Surprisingly it’s easy to use. But it’s really limited in editing options. You do get the correct sizes for most popular social media, five icons, and transparent logo in one package.
Obviously, it’s free. I find this tool useful only if you need quick logo mockups, it’s not for someone who wants a serious logo for your website.
My overall score 11/25
Shopify logo maker review in a nutshell:
- Easy to use but very limited editing options.
- Logo suggestions look like from Microsoft office stock library.
- You get the correct sizes for the most popular social media, favicon, and transparent logo.
- It’s free.
This one is only good if you need a logo in like 5 minutes, not for someone who is more serious.
Next is My Brand New Logo and it’s quite easy to use.
First, you put in your website name and a slogan, and then you give a bit more details. For example, a few keywords and the color palette you’re most interested in, and then it’ll spit out a few suggestions for you. Some of the suggestions are decent, some of them are quite hideous. But, basically, once you get a suggestion, you can then edit the logo to look more like you want it to be.
This tool has some options to customize logos, but not as much as, for example, Canva or DesignEvo, which you’ll read about later in this article.
The thing with this one is also the cost. Basically, for $50 you do get this logo and social media package, but it’s still one of the most expensive tools on this list.
That’s why my overall score for the tool is 11/25
MyBrandNewLogo review in a nutshell:
- Easy to generate logo ideas and some of them are decent
- Some options to customize logos but not as much as Canva or design Evo.
- Costs $50 but you do get SVG, favicon & social media package with it.
Next on the list, we have Ucraft. It’s a quite simple editor, and only has simple icons like text and basic shapes.
The thing is you can’t upload even your own icons (with the better tools, you can upload your own images).
The good thing is it’s free to export it to PNG, and for $7 you can get the SVG, so it’s not too expensive.
That said, I’m not sure why you would use this service. It has nothing going for it really.
Overall score 12/25
Ucraft review in a nutshell:
- Simple editor.
- Only simple icons, text and basic shapes.
- Cannot upload your own icons.
- Free to export PNG, 7$ for SVG.
Then we have BrandCrowd., which is also quite easy to use.
You start by typing your website name and it starts to give you suggestions. The tool has really unique logo styles, different from other tools and I think they really focus on the icons.
If you want a logo that is just styled text, this website is not for you. And it’s quite pricey at $45 for a package.
The overall score is 13/25
BrandCrowd review in a nutshell:
- Straightforward and easy to use.
- The logos have a different style from other websites and focus on the icon.
- Cost $45 and for about $150 they will take the design off the website, which will make it a bit more exclusive.
The next tool is a semi-joke (I think). It’s called Hipster Logo Maker. The name says it all. Basically, if you have a long beard and framed glasses, this is for you.
A super simple tool with only the option to create hipster logos. And the good part is that the PNG image is free and the SVG (vector file) goes for $5.
I gave this tool a chance, just because the people behind it are being creative and funny. But as a tool for most people, this won’t be very useful.
Overall score 13/25
Hipster Logo maker review in a nutshell:
- The name says it all!!! So if you have a long beard and framed glasses this for you!
- A super simple tool, with only the option to create hipster logos.
- The PNG logo is free.
The next tool is called Logo Maker and this one is a quite traditional logo maker tool.
You put in your website name, then you select few filters, and after it will start suggesting you logo designs.
The cool thing about this tool is that the logo suggestions have a very different style from other logo makers. I think some of you will really like this tool for its uniqueness.
The designs look a bit old school stuff, but in some way, I find it attractive as well. The tool is a bit more limited than some of the other tools, but it has all the essential features to edit your logo.
The price is in a medium range and you can get a PNG & SVG logo for $30.
My overall score for this tool is 15/25
LogoMaker review in a nutshell:
- The logos of this tool have a bit different style. I think some of you might like this.
- The tool is a bit more limited than some of the others like Canva but has an essential feature.
- This costs about $30 PNG & SVG.
Next is the Wix Logo Maker, and they are really heavily advertising on YouTube right now. It’s pretty simple to generate a decent logo with this tool.
The good thing is it gives a lot of options and some fun looking icons in the mix. The logo editor is quite easy to use, but it does cost $20 for PNG because the free download is useless.
The bad thing is they’re trying to upsell a website everywhere you go.
The overall score for this tool is 16/25
Wix logo maker review in a nutshell:
- Simple to generate decent logos.
- It gives a lot of options with some fun icons in the mix.
- Costs at least $20 for PNG, as the free logo is almost useless.
- They try to upsell their website services.
Then we have LogoMakr. They have very large library. You start creating logos directly in the editor. So, it doesn’t generate any suggestions.
The good thing is it has a lot of useful features that every editing software should have.
The only thing is that the elements are not that intuitive. For example, it took me some time to find the undo button, but overall it’s quite nice to use and it costs above $19 for PNG and the vector file.
My overall score is 16/25
LogoMakr review in a nutshell:
- Fairly large library of icons.
- It has all the editing options you need, maybe some elements not that intuitive. For example, it took me some time to find the undo button.
- Costs $19 for PNG & SVG.
Next, we have Squarespace, a very popular website builder. They also have a logo maker and the best part of it is it’s super easy to use and it actually has a decent icon library.
Although the icons themselves, they look quite basic. But at least there’s a lot of them!
The only restriction with this tool is that it’s quite limited with the editing possibilities, so there are only a few things you can do here. It’s totally free and you get a high-quality PNG with transparent background.
My overall score for this tool is 17/25
Squarespace review in a nutshell:
- Super easy to use with a decent icon library, although the icons are pretty basic.
- Very limited editing possibilities.
- Free high-quality PNG with transparent background.
Next, we have DesignEvo. This is a proper logo maker tool. It seems to be specialized in only logos, and you can tell it right away.
It has a lot of templates and icon options and some look really great. The only thing is that the amount of icons just makes it hard to find where you can start.
The tool is not free, for a PNG you have to pay $25, and for vector, $50.
The editor is easy to use. It’s very intuitive. You can really see that the team behind this tool has put a lot of effort into usability.
My overall score for this tool is 19/25
Designevo review in a nutshell:
- Specialized in logos and logo designs.
- A lot of templates and icon options and some look really great.
- Not free, PNG for $25 and vectors for $50.
Best choice for people who are not sure what they want, since there are so many options.
All right. Now we’re getting to the top three tools. And, to be honest, from my perspective, I think they are all great tools. It’s really just a matter of preference. I hope with this article I can help you choose the one which is for you.
First one, we have logoMaster.ai. It starts like a lot of tools where you have to select some of the logos that you like so that it can generate some suggestions for you.
In my case, I just selected what I want for my blog, and then it starts giving you different layout as suggestions.
With this tool, you can edit pretty much anything. It’s full-on logo editing software. And you can change everything that you see on the screen.
I find this tool the easiest to use from all of the tools in the list, and I think the grouping of logos is very well made. It made a lot of sense and it helped me to find different logo designs easily.
I think this tool is the most feature-rich logo maker out of the bunch. The thing is, it does cost $22 for a PNG logo and $66 for vector logo, so that’s something you want to keep in mind.
Overall score for this tool is 21/25
logoMaster.ia review in a nutshell:
- Easiest to use and I thought the icon grouping was well made.
- Most feature-rich logo maker out of the bunch.
- Cost for PNG logo $22 and for Vector $66.
All right, next one is actually not a logo maker per se. It’s Fiverr, a website where you can hire somebody to do your logo for an affordable price. Since you can get a logo for about the same prices as some of the logo makers, I’ll include it in this review.
It’s obviously easy to use because you just contact the seller and they will ask you few questions about your website, and then they will get a few design concepts. And it’ll take from a day to three days for the whole process.
Now, I keep in mind that at this price, I’m sure the designers are reusing logos from somewhere else. But at least in this way they modify them a little bit and make them a bit more unique than if you get it from a logo generator.
The cool thing is it costs about $11 to get a PNG, and for vector, it’s like $40. I think it’s a decent price considering that somebody is actually going to help you choose your logo.
Definitely, the best option for people that don’t know what they need.
The overall score for this tool is 21/25
Fiverr logos review in a nutshell:
- Easy to use, just contact the seller and they will ask a few questions about your website and they will design a couple of concepts within a day or two.
- At this price, the designers re-use logos to some extent, but this will be a bit more unique than if you get it from a logo generator.
- PNG goes for about $11 and for vector it’s like $40.
All right, the winner is my personal favorite. You probably already heard about it. It’s called Canva.
The reason I like it is so much is that it’s easy to use and it’s easy to edit things, and they have a lot of templates.
Not only for logos, but also for other design-related stuff your social media ads, physical things like business cards, and you name it. There’s just a lot of different templates.
They also have a lot of free elements, although they are pretty basic. The good thing is you can buy separate elements for $1 and you can upload your own elements if you want to. For example, if you found an icon that you really like, you can upload it and include it in your logo design, but just make sure you have the copyrights when you do it.
For free accounts, the PNG doesn’t come with transparent background, but you can quite easily go around it by using another tool that will remove your background.
Just use a background that is really different color than your logo. If you want the Pro account of Canva, it goes for $12.95 per month.
My overall score for Canva is 21/25
Canva logos review in a nutshell:
- Easy to use and edit things.
- A lot of free elements, but they are very basic (you can buy separately for a $1) and you can upload your own elements.
- I like that it has a lot of other templates for social media, ads and physical things like business cards.
- JPG & PNG for free, but transparent background not included in the free plan.
- $ 12.95 / month when paid monthly and $ 9.95 / month when paid yearly.
And that’s it, you will be able to find a logo maker tool from one of the 14 tools I just reviewed above. If you have any questions, let me know in the comments section below.