Hello internet people,
Did you just notice that you have a weird calendar event called “your Samsung is ready for pickup
Well, so did I, I was just about to go to bed when I noticed this ugly thing.
And luckily you are not under any threat as long as you don’t open any of the links and it’s easy to fix.
So spammers use this to entice you to click on the link and fill in a survey while they try to phish some data from you or install malware on your computer.
Either way, don’t click on any of the links and just follow the following steps.
To fix it but you will need your web browser to do this.
Let’s start with the desktop,
- First, sign in and go to your Google Calendar.
- Then in the top right corner, click on the cogwheel icon to open the settings.
- And in the left menu under General, click on Event Settings.
- Then in the drop-down called “Automatically add invitations”, choose “No, only display invitations to which I have replied”.
- Then uncheck the “Show declined events” under view options.
And that’s it!
If your mobile app still shows the spam, try to log out and log in.
To do that just do the following
- In your Google calendar on mobile, tap on the hamburger menu at the top left corner.
- Then swipe down until you see “settings” and tap on it.
- Next, tap on swipe down and tap on “Manage accounts”.
- Log out of your calendar, and then log back in.