I’ll show you how to Install WordPress on addon Domain in Godaddy and cPanel. It won’t take long! I’ll be using cpanel for addon domain set up, so this should work on hostgator, siteground, bluehost or any other hosting provider that has cPanel. If you cannot add addon domains in cPanel, try below steps for success. How to set addon domain in Godaddy?
Detailed video of installation instructions to get WordPress on addon domain in GoDaddy.
Step by step guide to install WordPress on addon domain on GoDaddy
- Login to Godaddy account
- Find cPanel
- At the top you should see “Installatron”
- Switch the tab to “Application Browser”
- Search for “WordPress”
- Press “Install Application”
- Fill in the form and include the domain you want to setup WordPress on.
- Add directory where you want to install WordPress. If you want your whole website to run on WordPress remove everything. If you just want to have WordPress Blog, then add “blog” or similar.
- Once you’ve filled the form, press install at the bottom of the page
- Once Installation is done, your domain has WordPress!
- Test that WordPress works by going to yourdomain.com/wp-admin . When you use WordPress first time it will show you quick start guide. You can skip this if you are familiar with it.
That’s it! It was is, right?
If you have a question drop a comment below! Cheerio!
Main image designed by Freepik